Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Week 4 EOC: Jerry Delia Femina And Women

“Mr. Della Femina, chairman of Della Femina McNamee, would not comment last night. Louise McNamee, the president of the agency, is expected to stay on and run it.The plans of Mr. Della Femina, one of the best-known and most colorful figures in advertising, could not be learned. He is expected to stay in advertising, either by starting his own agency or joining another firm.” http://www.nytimes.com/1992/06/19/business/the-media-business-jerry-della-femina-likely-to-leave-his-ad-agency.html This man is very important. He is chairman of Della Femina McNamee and has a big part in the media business. He is one of the best well known figures in advertising. “I came from a poor family in Coney Island. I learned to write by reading the Post. This was my education. I had a learning disability, so I didn’t get a chance to go to school. I was a messenger and I saw these people on Madison Avenue with their feet up on the desk, and I thought, That’s a good job.I came into advertising in 1961. I had been turned down for jobs on the Ford account in the late fifties as “not their type.” If it hadn’t been for Bill Bernbach, I would now be sitting in some luncheonette, continuing my life as a messenger. Grey Advertising and Doyle Dane Bernbach opened it up. They brought in a whole group of hot young creative people, Jewish and Italian. The Jews were all copywriters, Italians were all art directors. I broke the mold. The first Italian copywriter.” http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/features/2439/ And according to this site he had started out in a poor family where not many knew him and later on he made it big and became very well known.  He gained an agency and later on sold it to the English. “The fourth season of Mad Men begins this weekend on AMC, and by now viewers will be familiar with the world it portrays: an ad man's playground in which your martini glass is always full, your cigarette is always lit and the fun never ends — especially at the office.” http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128695927 According to this because of his experience with advertisement he ended up being in a tv show.





No comments:

Post a Comment